My son loves these muffins; he said they are a winner! Now doesn’t that make a mother’s heart swell. Aww!
Mostly, because with all my experimenting in the kitchen, I don’t always produce winners! And the kids are not too shy to tell me so! 🙂
This muffin recipe was designed with the list of acceptable food items (for me and my kids) following DAY 4 of the ALCAT 4-Day Rotation Meal Plan.
ALCAT DAY 4*
Brown Rice & Buckwheat Flour Muffins
Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free version
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
Combine Dry Ingredients:
- 3/4 Cup organic Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup organic Buckwheat Flour
- 1+ TBSP Hemp Protein Powder (optional)
- 1 TBSP ground white Chia Seeds (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder (aluminum & gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
Whisk Wet Ingredients together:
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- 1/3 Cup organic Brown Rice Syrup
- 3/4 Cup organic Hemp Beverage “Milk” (original)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Ripe Plum cut into very small cubes. Discard stone/ pit.
- 5-8 ripe cherries cut into very small cubes. Discard stone/pits.
- ~10 frozen cranberries cut into quarters or smaller.
- In a medium bowl, combine Dry Ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk Wet Ingredients. Set aside.
- Cut up additions, include skins (discard stones/ pits). Set aside.
- Quickly incorporate Wet Ingredients with Dry Ingredients until moist. Do NOT over mix.
- Stir in additions, just enough to incorporate. Do NOT over mix.
- Lightly grease muffin tin with additional Olive Oil. (Eliminating the need for paper liners). Or try using Lékué Professional Silicone Mould.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full or to your preference.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Check for doneness with a wooden toothpick or method of choice.
Yield: 6 muffins
I like to make small batches of muffins. Mostly because we are practicing to not eat the same foods two, three or four days in a row. I can freeze the extra muffins for the next Day 4. If I had a larger freezer I would double the recipe. But with enough practice it really doesn’t take much time at all to whip up a yummy batch of muffins.
I will experiment with adding a little ground nutmeg (1/8 – 1/4 tsp.) and maybe even a splash of vanilla…