Ideal for ALCAT Day 1
Probably, hands down, the simplest batter to work with! I love these pancakes. Chickpeas are high in protein and so are a fantastic way to start my day.
- 1 Cup Organic Chickpea Flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Original Hemp Beverage
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil OR Light Olive Oil
- Preheat a metal frying pan on medium heat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Ensure pan is hot. I never need to add any oils or butter to my pan. As long as it is hot enough the pancakes always flip over perfectly. I don’t use non-stick pans. Scary.
- Though it could very well have something to do with the amazing flexible Spatula that I use. Best ever. (I am not being paid to say this!).
- These pancakes get a beautiful golden/ brown and puff up reasonably well.
- Serve immediately.
Some suggested Toppings
- Some unsalted butter
- I usually cut up a banana and add some black currant jam OR
- Fresh strawberries
- Coconut Nectar (heated)
- Maple Syrup
How do you fuel?