4 Bean Salad
Ideal for ALCAT Day 3
Once again, drawing inspiration from the ALCAT 4-Day Rotation Meal Plan, I designed this 4 Bean Salad to suit me and my kids acceptable foods (for the time being). Our lists will be changing over time as we gradually re-introduce foods to our systems.
I find it a very fun, creative and rewarding process to experiment with this food list. At first it seemed daunting – “how will I ever figure this out” to now realizing that I might have otherwise never considered combining a lot of these foods together.
Food never tasted so good!
The goal is to forever be able to eat a wide variety of wholesome foods but to never eat them too often, ideally keeping 36-48 hours in between each consumption.
The finely diced cauliflower gives the bean salad the appearance of a goat or feta cheese, which is an interesting visual experience for me since I don’t eat any dairy anymore!
4 Bean Salad
Quantities to your liking…make a lot or a little.
- Green string beans, blanched, stem end removed and cut into inch long pieces
- Mung beans, pre-soaked and ready for use
- Pinto beans, pre-soaked and ready for use
- Black beans, pre-soaked and ready for use
- Fresh fennel, cut finely to preference
- Raw cauliflower, cut finely or to preference
- Raw red pepper cubed
- Raw red cabbage, sliced finely or to preference
- Fresh baby arugula
- Fresh watermelon, cut into small cubes
Combine following ingredients in a small glass jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Combine all 4 Beans, fennel and cauliflower ingredients together. Toss well.
- Pour dressing over bean salad. Toss well. Refrigerate for 3 hours or longer.
- Before serving, add baby arugula.
- Serve with cut up watermelon cubes on top, or leave in a side dish for topping. (Not everyone likes fruit in their salads).