After avoiding all soy products for over two years, the ALCAT test has given me the green light to bring it back, and boy is my body happy about it! I would say that DAY 3 on the ALCAT 4-Day Rotation Meal Plan is one of my most looked forward to days.
I have peanut butter, which I had been avoiding as well! But then I wait four days before I have it again. Anticipation is a good thing.
Twenty years ago ALCAT grouped foods according to families and recommended that for optimal health we eat our foods following this grouping. However, they have found that what is more important than eating foods according to their familial similarities is to more simply allow 36-48 hours between ingesting the same foods. For example, on Day 3 you will find similar foods such as:
- Mung Bean
- Navy Bean
- Kidney Bean
- Sweet Potato
You may notice some similarities, such as with the stone fruit. So in an effort to work with this program I have been experimenting with creating nourishing meals following this outline. However, do understand that the outline for each person is completely individualized based on a blood test, which identifies the foods that are compatible for each persons unique system.
- Place following ingredients into blender in this order:
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Edensoy Organic Soy Milk
- 2 TBSP Isolated Soy Protein Powder (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/3 of a 150g container of Soft Organic Tofu (Soyganic)
- 1 ripe organic Peach, stone/ pit removed & discarded, skin removed (optional)
- 1 ripe organic Nectarine, stone /pit removed & discarded, skin removed (optional)
- 1 heaping tsp. organic Almond Butter (just almonds, nothing else – Nuts To You Butter).
- 1 organic blackberry for garnish!
Blend up to one minute or to desired consistency. Add 4 ice cubes if you prefer a cooler smoothie.