This is a Gluten-Free Banana Muffin recipe with eggs but no dairy. I have called them “Chiconut” because they are made with Chickpea and Coconut flours.
This recipe was inspired by the results from the ALCAT food intolerance/ sensitivity test that my kids and I did. At the moment, this recipe is only good for me and my daughter, my son has to avoid banana and coconut for 3 – 9 months respectively, at which point we will reintroduce those items back into his diet on a 4 day rotation.
Ideal for ALCAT Day 1
- 1 Cup Chickpea flour
- 2 TBSP Coconut flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Cup or less Coconut sugar (I used less)
- 1 TBSP ground Chia powder
- 2 TBSP Hemp Protein powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 1+ Cup mashed very ripe Bananas
- 1 TBSP Coconut Syrup (optional)
- 1/3 Cup Original Hemp Beverage
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Prepare muffin tin (lightly oil) or use Lékué silicone mould which doesn’t require greasing.
- Combine dry ingredients into medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash ripe bananas.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Add mashed bananas and remaining wet ingredients. Whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and incorporate. Not too much.
- Fill muffin tin/ silicone mould.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on your oven; check for doneness with method of choice.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Yield: 6 muffins +1 (maybe). I have a mini loaf and bundt pan for when I have extra batter!
Note: The muffins puff up very nicely in the oven, but upon cooling, they do lose a bit of their grand-ness! However, this does not affect the moistness and wonderful banana-bread texture that we have all come to expect.