- Bioplastics that are made from renewable resources can actually be derived from many materials, which make them incompatible with standard recycling programs.
- Few curb side collection programs can recycle or compost products made from these materials. As a result, they end up in landfills.
- Landfills lack oxygen, light and heat which is required for decomposable plastics to degrade.
- As a result these bioplastics are left in tact.
- Truth: choosing any reusable container is a better option.
Take the “Refuse Single-Use Pledge”
Refuse! – ReUse – Reduce – Recycle
How do you fuel?