Oat Milk is very simple to make with some advanced planning. Usually, I make a pot of oatmeal once per week for the kids. I plan it out so that there is always a half cup of leftovers. With those leftovers I make Oat Milk for my daughter’s Spelt & Oat Waffles later in the week.
What you will need:
- 2 Cups of fresh water
- 1/2 Cup of (preferably refrigerated) cooked oats, I used gluten-free rolled oats
- Cheesecloth or Nut-Milk Bag
What you will do:
1) Fill blender container with 2 Cups of fresh water
2) Add 1/2 Cup of cooked oats. Place lid securely on blender.
3) Blend until smooth.
3) Strain through a Nut-Milk Bag over top a large bowl.
4) Transfer the strained Oat Milk to a clean glass container with tight fitting lid for refrigeration. The milk will keep well in the refrigerator for three to four days.
How do you fuel?