ALCAT DAY 3*
Sweet Sorghum & Almond Flour Muffins
Egg and Dairy-Free version
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
Combine Dry Ingredients:
- 1-1/4 Cup Sweet Sorghum Flour
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder (aluminum free)
- 2 TBSP Turbinado Sugar
- 2 TBSP ground Chia Seeds
Whisk Wet Ingredients together:
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond “Milk” or Unsweetened Hemp Bliss “Milk”
- 1/4 Cup Almond Oil
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 1 Ripe Plum cut into very small cubes. Discard stone/ pit.
- In a medium bowl, combine Dry Ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk Wet Ingredients. Set aside.
- Cut up plum, include skin (discard stone/ pit). Set aside.
- Quickly incorporate Wet Ingredients with Dry Ingredients until moist. Do NOT over mix.
- Stir in plum pieces, just enough to incorporate. Do NOT over mix.
- Lightly grease muffin tin with additional Almond Oil. (Eliminating the need for paper liners).
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full or to your preference.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes depending on your oven.
- Check for doneness with a wooden toothpick or method of choice.
Yield: 12 muffins
Almond Flour: A standard serving of almond flour, 1 cup, contains 20 grams of carbohydrates, of which 10 g is dietary fibre, for a net of 10 g of carbohydrate per cup. This makes almond flour very desirable for use in cake and bread recipes by people on carbohydrate-restricted diets. Source: Wikipedia
For this recipe I use:
- Bob’s Red Mill flours
- Organic Baking Powder (Gluten, Wheat and Corn Free. Aluminum Free. Contains Organic Rice Starch.)
- 365 Turbinado Raw Sugar
- Mum’s Original Organic Premium Ground White Chia
- Hemp Bliss Beverage
- Almond Milk
*ALCAT Day 3 meaning: Following the 4 day Rotation Diet plan, individual foods are categorized by what seems to me as familial groupings. But I have yet to get more information on this. As it stands, I have been trying to manage my days consumption of food by eating foods that fall under each column. This is how I came to put these particular ingredients together for the above muffin recipe. There is a bit of a learning curve here for me and I will make updates as I go along.
How do you fuel?