This version was designed specifically for my daughter. I can’t even taste test it because I have to avoid the primary ingredients until the new year!
Note: Spelt Flour is NOT gluten-free. This recipe is Dairy-Free.
- 1/2 Cup Oat Flour (gluten-free)
- 1/2 Cup Spelt Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 1+ Cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 + Cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare muffin tins (lightly oil) or use Lékué silicone mould, which don’t need to be greased.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mash ripe bananas in a small bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk egg, then add mashed banana and remaining wet ingredients. Whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and incorporate. Not too much. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in additions if using. Careful not to stir the mixture too much.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full or to your liking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven. Check for doneness using method of choice.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Yield: 6 muffins +1 (I have a mini loaf pan & mini bundt pan that I use when I have a little batter leftover).